This blog is meant to serve as an archive of my work that normally gets buried on twitter. If anything catches your eye, please reach out because I am always looking to collaborate on something fun. Getting to know new people and knowledge-sharing is always a good time too.
Outside of work, I explore whatever allows me to focus on offensive approaches to technology, making malicious hardware, research, teaching, and knowledge-share. At work, I have been building infrastructure and small teams for corp IT at small to medium businesses for the last 17 years.
You can reach me at https://twitter.com/_MG_ via DM (my DMs are open).
projects & research
- Check out the main page of this blog for a list of some of my recent work: https://mg.lol/blog/
other public involvement
- Spoke at BSidesPDX 2018 on the Hardware Implant Panel with Kim Zetter, Joe Grand, Joe FitzPatrick, @r00tkillah, Mickey Shkatov, Jason Meltzer
- Hak5 episode about my implanted USB cables:
- Hak5 episode about my exploding BadUSB drive:
- Cofounder & resident adversarial hardware expert of Thugcrowd, a party line themed weekly hacker podcast.
Implanted USB-C Charger:
Implanted Cables & Condoms:
Mr. Self Destruct (exploding BadUSB drive):
- HACKADAY - This USB drive will self-destruct after ruining your computer
- BOINGBOING- Self-destructing thumb drives with smoke loads, glowing elements, tiny explosives
- GIZMODO - A Real-Life Spy Movie Flash Drive That Self-Destructs After Uploading Malicious Code
- MOTHERBOARD - Amazon Is Fixing a Security Loophole with its 'Key' Service
- FORBES - Amazon Says Don't Worry About This Raspberry Pi Key Hack -- But Is Fixing It Anyway
- ZDNET - After dismissing security flaw, Amazon patches Key smart lock anyway
- THE REGISTER - Knock, knock. Who’s there? Another Amazon Key door-lock hack